Visualizza un messaggio singolo
Vecchio 07-03-2013, 17:24   #14
NIOREVO
Super Moderatore

L'avatar di NIOREVO

Potenza della reputazione: 32
NIOREVO has a spectacular aura aboutNIOREVO has a spectacular aura about
Notice the new matte finish on the stone guards.

have skipped to the F bag and will do shocks next.

On to the radio tray and linkage set up. Choose the non RTR hex insert for the aluminum post

Add blue loctite to both ends of the post and install the post into the tray with the included button head 5/40 screw. Don't forget the washer like I did

Now on to the aluminum servo brace, I add a dot of red loctite to each of the threaded holes. This is not a regular maintenance item so red is on the menu here. Depending upon your servo choice you may need the longer included 4/40 screws.
My Spektrum 6090's are fairly low profile and do not require more than the standard plastic spacer. (which is no more than the height of the aluminum brace) I like mine just high enough to clear the chassis even under any chassis flex. (notice there is roughly 3mm of post lower than the bottom of the servo, this is good clearance)
Servos contacting the chassis under high stress is a cause of servo death.
And since they are mounted way out on the chassis I prefer them to be mounted as low as possible. Any thing higher will add un-needed chassis roll.

If you so choose you can use the aluminum servo arm for the 22 buggy on the throttle. I always run mine like this it fits perfect on the 3.0 tray looks nice and does away with the servo inserts. I also like red loctite on the ball stud for the throttle linkage. Red will keep the stud in place without having to overtighten the ball stub. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN BALL STUD. I have broken more than one. That is a black 4/40 mini nut from AVID rc to match my black theme

I add a touch of CA to hold the servo leads out of the way of the driveshaft but is not necessary if you can get the leads to stay tucked up tight to the box. I also add a dot of it on the first lead to hold the second one. Also notice how much shorter the screws for the steering servo need to be.(servo closest to the center diff) If they are too long they will contact the center driveshaft

As you can see there is plenty of room for a rx and transponder in the radio box.

For the steel thread insert on in the battery box I like to add a dab of CA to keep in place until the battery is installed. While holding the box upside down I use the 5/64 allen to insert threaded t-nut into the box.

All that is left is the final linkage install. By putting extra preload on the throttle side you can hold it from the carb side to get the linkage post in place for the screw.

And on to the brake side

Make sure to center servos with the radio zero'd out and steering centered. Also make sure to set the throttle pivot arm so that the alignment marks on the tray line up with the alignment marks on the arm

And bag F complete
Icone allegate
81.jpg‎   82.jpg‎   83.jpg‎   84.jpg‎   85.jpg‎  

88.jpg‎   89.jpg‎   90.jpg‎   93.jpg‎   94.jpg‎  

NIOREVO non è in linea   Rispondi quotando