Visualizza un messaggio singolo
Vecchio 07-03-2013, 16:16   #5
NIOREVO
Super Moderatore

L'avatar di NIOREVO

Potenza della reputazione: 32
NIOREVO has a spectacular aura aboutNIOREVO has a spectacular aura about
now for the cool new steering rack. you will want to press the bearing in (flange side down) with those same needle nose you then use the new rack screw to hold the rack bearing down. If you accidently install the bearing flange up it will bind up when you tighten the rack all the way down.

saver side installed notice the gringing on the aluminum top peice to clear the new bearing. NOTE a new aluminum top will be adjusted so as not to require any modifing but I used what I had. Again if you use the stock plastic which is plenty stong you will not have to do any modifying.

now to install the steering link. Anytime I need to get loctite into a threaded surface I prefer to dab a small amount on the tip of a small allen (.050 here) to control how much actually gets put on and where. You do not want a excess amount of loctite to spill out when you thread the parts together. This will freeze up rotating parts and is just messy.

I then install the steering link with the button head screw and install a mini lock nut on the bottom side. Note this may have been easier done before you install the completed rack on to the steering posts.

NIOREVO non è in linea   Rispondi quotando