Visualizza un messaggio singolo
Vecchio 07-03-2013, 16:10   #4
NIOREVO
Super Moderatore

L'avatar di NIOREVO

Potenza della reputazione: 32
NIOREVO has a spectacular aura aboutNIOREVO has a spectacular aura about
now on to the steering rack and posts.

Install both steering posts. I do not use loctite on these since I take the whole front clip off for maintenance. Since its off every week or so and retightened it would be a pain to deal with loctite. It's up to you on this one but I have never had one come loose in long mains so I continue to do it this way.

Then the bearing go into the left side bellcrank and on to the saver assembly.

This very straight forward except for the loctite on the aluminum saver tube. I prefer a big dab of red loctite and twist it around to spread it on my finger. This ensures a good coverage in the threads and not too much to get everywhere.

I chose to build mine with an aluminum upper saver peice but it will require a little grinding to clear the new larger steering rack with the big bearings. The stock plastic one shown here has a relief in the side to clear the the rack

For proper saver tention (my preference) is to screw the assembly together until the nut is flush with the tube and make a mark with a black sharpie. I will then tighten it a full turn. ( to be a little easier on your servo you can go with a half turn)

NIOREVO non è in linea   Rispondi quotando