Visualizza un messaggio singolo
Vecchio 08-03-2013, 09:39   #15
NIOREVO
Super Moderatore

L'avatar di NIOREVO

Potenza della reputazione: 32
NIOREVO has a spectacular aura aboutNIOREVO has a spectacular aura about
Ecco quello che aspettavo di vedere da tempo!! Spettacolo!

On to the awesome new shocks.

pop the pivot balls into the shockend, shiney side first like the rest of the build

Don't skip this step..... Like I do with any set screw prepare the shock shaft piston screw for red loctite.
spray motor spray on a rag and thread each screw into the rag to remove the shipping oil from the treads.
Then take a dab of red loctite on your .050 allen and insert into each shock shaft.

Choose the split 4 hole 1.2 4 hole / 1.3 for the longer rear shafts and the 1.3 for the front shafts. I use those same flat jaw needle noose pliers to hold the shaft for piston installation.
!!!DONT FORGET THE SMALL WASHERS ON EACH SIDE OF THE PISTON LIKE I DID!!!

Install the outter oring for the lower shock cap and then the shock orings spacers like shown. Pay attention to the bottom spacer orientation. This one puts the correct amount of seal preload and centers in the shock cap

I prefer a dab of shock oil on the threads to install the shaft into the shock body

Unlike the shocks of the current 8 line up. The new heavy duty bladder gets installed into the cap first. A little too much motor spray on my hands

Since I needed both hands for the proper shock build I did not take any pics of these steps. Fill the shock body with the proper oil abour 3/4 full. Then slowly push the shaft up to the oil height (but not higher) to push the air bubbles out. Then fill to the top and add the shock cap. I like to hold the shock closer to horizontal and crack the cap open while pushing the shaft all the way up. Then tighten the shock with the kit included shock tools. Install the shock end holding the shaft just above the threads with your prefered shock pliers and screw them on all the way.
Now install the shock boots. A small spray of motor spray will ease the boot install. Now add springs and spring cup.
These things are buttery smooth. The new spacer and seal set / shaft material really keeps things operating smoothly and where they should be.

That same 1/4' nut driver that I use to set the diff orins in the diff case is perfect to drive the upper shock bushing onto the shock mount (which is now longer than the current ones) It fits right over the small end and against the larger diameter lip on the foreward side of the bushing.

When installing the shocks be sure to use the black reverse thread shock screw on the driver side rear and passenger side front. But don't forget that they are reverse. These do not need to be tightened more than just touching since they will not back there way out. Also pay attention to the slot in the spring cup. When installed correctly it will be facing out. This way the cup will hit the arm first if it gets knocked off by an bad impact.

NIOREVO non è in linea   Rispondi quotando